Buff-Laced Bantam Polish Eggs, frizzle & smooth, 8+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by baregretchen, Feb 19, 2011.

1. baregretchen

baregretchen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    So. Maryland
    My buff-laced Polish bantams are laying strong! So, to the top bidder, I will mail 8+ eggs from my breeder/show pen. These eggs are from top-quality birds that have been shown and placed, or are of show-potential. Theoretically, they should produce a frizzle/smooth ratio of 50/50. Bidding starts at $1. See photos of birds below.

Fertility is virtually 100% here and the eggs will be freshly collected and no more than 3 days old when mailed. Each egg is individually wrapped in bubble wrap, then 4-5 eggs are again wrapped in a 12"x12" sheet of bubble wrap "burrito-style", and then these burritos are placed in a cushioning agent (i.e. Styrofoam peanuts, sawdust, etc.). The box will be marked "fragile" on all sides and I will be glad to add a message for the PO to call you when they arrive if you send me your phone number. Mailing service will be by USPS Priority with delivery confirmation. This is a PayPal only auction and payment should be made by midnight on Saturday, 26 Feb. so eggs can be mailed the following Mon. 28 Feb. No e-checks, please! If payment is not received, eggs will be offered to the next highest bidder.

As with all egg auctions, I cannot guarantee your hatch rate due to many effecting issues out of my control. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks and have a great day!

Note: I reserve the right to change my method of packing if I have determined another method is just as safe and effective. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    These are fantastic! My son says they look like pine cones [​IMG]

3. rnorris1234

rnorris1234 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Fort Payne, AL
    I'll have to say, I don't really like frizzles and I'm not even crazy about polish, but those are some amazingly beautiful birds and could make me change my mind about frizzles. I certainly wish you well on this sale and congrats on some really nice birds.

4. geweldig23

geweldig23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    Ohio
    Beautiful birds! I like the way your frizzles seem to carry themselves, very upright.

5. mame1616

mame1616 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2008
    Middletown, NJ
    I've seen Gretchen's birds in person and they are truly spectacular! I got to hold one of the frizzles - amazing! Good luck!

6. Chooklet

Chooklet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Orinda
    These are SO darling! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  7. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    These are gorgeous chickens! These are my favorite breed that Gretchen has !!! : )

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Oh man, if only they were LF. I usually dont do bantams...

9. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    UGG your killing me again this year gretchen!!!!!! I dont remember what happened last year that I never ended up getting any but I will try and try and try again till I do! Its still a bit cold here but soon. Will you be having these again in about a month? [​IMG]

10. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] will be back with a bigggggggg bid

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by