Buff Orphington - Who Am I?

NormansGal44

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I bought this BO from a breeder last week. I think it's about five or so weeks old but am not sure. The comb just began to get a little pink and Peanut Butter has had a confrontation with one of the smaller Wellie cockerels. I have a bossy hen in my coop so I'm hoping that's it... S/he is a bit smaller than our BA chick but a little larger than our BR pullet. I see the start of red hackles beginning.... :'( Is it a pullet or cockerel? Hoping I don't have to re home yet another one.....I have my large EE roo already... Oh that multiple roosters would get along! :)

Stretching up to see if there is anything worthwhile on the other side??

With our BR, pullet, right? She's the onery-ist pullet ever! :) Her name is Jelly Bina (Bina is my daughter's nickname courtesy of her big brother). PB & J together. ;)

I think they look like pullets, but still.. it's very early.. Not pink enough to worry me.
_MG_7803.jpg
This chick is the same age - now that's a comb to worry about :p

I would say pullet. No wattles. Things can change pretty quickly but I would feel confident that if this was my chick that it is a she. lol I have oodles of birds and usually can guess them pretty good at this age. Let me know in a couple of months if I'm right. And yes, your BR I'd say is a pullet also. lol
Jim
I bought this BO from a breeder last week. I think it's about five or so weeks old but am not sure. The comb just began to get a little pink and Peanut Butter has had a confrontation with one of the smaller Wellie cockerels. I have a bossy hen in my coop so I'm hoping that's it... S/he is a bit smaller than our BA chick but a little larger than our BR pullet. I see the start of red hackles beginning.... :'( Is it a pullet or cockerel? Hoping I don't have to re home yet another one.....I have my large EE roo already... Oh that multiple roosters would get along! :)

Stretching up to see if there is anything worthwhile on the other side??

With our BR, pullet, right? She's the onery-ist pullet ever! :) Her name is Jelly Bina (Bina is my daughter's nickname courtesy of her big brother). PB & J together. ;)

Back
Top Bottom