• Maybe, depending on the breeds.

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Then I Will

Songster
8 Years
Jan 13, 2012
Annville, Pennsylvania
I have two very broody mutt chickens who are determined to hatch something. So I've decided to let my Lemon Blue Wheaton Ameracauna (At least...I think he's a Lemon Blue judging from other people's pics) fertilize the eggs of my pure Buffs and set those eggs under my broody-butt mutt chickens. ;)
Naturally the result is going to be another "mutt" but I wondered if anybody else has ever crossed Golden Orpingtons with a Blue Ameracauna and can furnish some pics or thoughts on the result. Here is a picture of my big boy, Wyatt.

ive never seen an ameraucna ljkethat very pretty! i think yours would make some nice birds... with the right parents mutts can be BEAUTIFUL

Your rooster is an easter egger, and there is not really a color called lemon blue wheaton. There are lemon blues, and there are wheatens, and blue wheatens. You'll get nice fat easter egger chicks if you put him over orp hens. Orps make some of the best crosses.

Thanks, the guys and gals in my other post told me he might be an EE because Lemon is not a color listed in Ameraucanas- but when I looked at the EE standards they didn't list Lemon either. However, apparently EE's can come in almost any color. If I can't put Lemon, Blue, and Wheaton together on him...what color can he be described as? Simply Blue Wheaton?

This is my Lemon Blue Ameraucana. Both her parents are single combs. Mom is a Blue Splash Orp and dad is 1/2 Black & 1/2 Buff Orp. So you MAY get a Lemon Blue, I also had one Lemon Blue from the same parents who is a single comb. So you may expect either.

Thanks, the guys and gals in my other post told me he might be an EE because Lemon is not a color listed in Ameraucanas- but when I looked at the EE standards they didn't list Lemon either. However, apparently EE's can come in almost any color. If I can't put Lemon, Blue, and Wheaton together on him...what color can he be described as? Simply Blue Wheaton?
Easter Eggers do not have a standard, they are mixed breed birds and can be any color. Your bird is not lemon blue, nor is he wheaten, blue wheaten, or ameraucana.

You will probably not get any green eggs from the cross, most likely khaki and brown.

As others have said, he's not lemon blue or wheaten or blue wheaten, or even an Ameraucana, but he sure is one of the most striking Easter Egger roosters I've ever seen! I really, really love his coloring! You should have some really gorgeous babies from him with a Buff Orp hen, I'd say.

Last edited:
BWAHAHAW!!
hit.gif
This beautiful roo passed away of Cocci very suddenly in February!!

Back
Top Bottom