Buff Orpington LOVER Thread!!!

Do you love Buff Orpingtons?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • No way!

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters
I love my buff orps!! I have 4 (7.5 weeks old) - Biscuit, Ginny, Pippy, amd Wheezy. They're THE sweetest!! šŸ„°View attachment 3314767
View attachment 3314770
View attachment 3314771
Wow they are so cute! I love the names you gave them :D

Hello Everyone!!! How are your beautiful Buff Orpingtons? Mine are doing well! Our tag is
#bufforplovers . I hope y'alls are doing wonderful!!!
Chicken Happy Dance GIF
Everyone is doing really well, first winter with first chickens.
I have three buffs, they are very sweet and quiet. Because they're blonde I gave them German names lol! Helga, Heidi and Brunhilde. They are about 8 months old, starting to produce eggs. Helga has always been kind of a lean chicken, Heidi a very chunky chicken. Brunhilde was always the biggest of the three, and I expected her to overtake my barred rock for Alpha of the flock, but she hasn't. Brunhilde has grown a floppy comb in the last few weeks, she's a hipster artist!

Attachments

• Helga2.JPG
    Helga2.JPG
    635.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Heidi.JPG
    Heidi.JPG
    534.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Brunhilde.JPG
    Brunhilde.JPG
    742.6 KB · Views: 4
I do! Grew up with a flock of them. My favorite pet was a Buff Orpington rooster named Big Jake (all of our roosters had John Wayne names haha):

Screenshot_20221222-095215-784.png

(Excuse the terrible resolution as this is a digital photo of a traditional photo šŸ˜…)

As of now I have 9 buff girls: Birb, Hei Hei (I know, most common name but it's so good XD), Brumbo, Daisy, Chichin, Martini, Tendi, Artsie, and Strawberry Shortcake. No "oops" roosters from the hatchery, so we've adopted a Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner to possibly provide a second generation of hens. They won't be purebreds but I'm excited to see how the barred genes mix with my golden girls!

Hen tax:
IMG_20221025_115107658.jpg

IMG_20221025_114904091.jpg

Snapchat-356903119.jpg

I do! Grew up with a flock of them. My favorite pet was a Buff Orpington rooster named Big Jake (all of our roosters had John Wayne names haha):

View attachment 3356012

(Excuse the terrible resolution as this is a digital photo of a traditional photo šŸ˜…)

As of now I have 9 buff girls: Birb, Hei Hei (I know, most common name but it's so good XD), Brumbo, Daisy, Chichin, Martini, Tendi, Artsie, and Strawberry Shortcake. No "oops" roosters from the hatchery, so we've adopted a Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner to possibly provide a second generation of hens. They won't be purebreds but I'm excited to see how the barred genes mix with my golden girls!

Hen tax:
View attachment 3356014

View attachment 3356016

View attachment 3356017
I love them!!!!!!!!! :love
šŸ˜šŸ„°

Hello Y'all!!! How are you and your Buff Orpingtons? I was trying to have my Buff Orp, Waffles, hatch her first egg but, Perpetua, my sister's Brahma hen, kicked her off the nest and ate the egg when I wasn't there! So I'm going to try and start again tomorrow maybe with a larger batch of eggs!

Hello Y'all!!! How are you and your Buff Orpingtons? I was trying to have my Buff Orp, Waffles, hatch her first egg but, Perpetua, my sister's Brahma hen, kicked her off the nest and ate the egg when I wasn't there! So I'm going to try and start again tomorrow maybe with a larger batch of eggs!
Mines doing great!

I lost one of 9 to sudden unexplained death in the coop. Reckon she must have scavenged poison or some such. šŸ˜­ Chicken math was always going to strike but I now have 8 eggs with the neighbor farmer for machine incubation and Daisy is in the process of going broody! I fully intend to let her sit on another 8 or so but if everything hatches I may be very busy for a while... They'll all be mixed Buff Orps, either Buff x Leghorn or Niederrheiner x Buff.

Edit for chicken tax:
Snapchat-1795023837.jpg

Last edited:
I lost one of 9 to sudden unexplained death in the coop. Reckon she must have scavenged poison or some such. šŸ˜­ Chicken math was always going to strike but I now have 8 eggs with the neighbor farmer for machine incubation and Daisy is in the process of going broody! I fully intend to let her sit on another 8 or so but if everything hatches I may be very busy for a while... They'll all be mixed Buff Orps, either Buff x Leghorn or Niederrheiner x Buff.

Edit for chicken tax:
View attachment 3425405
That rooster above there sure is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom