Buff Orpington not eating and is quite skinny

She hated the mash! She ate a bit of scrambled eggs and bread. Her crop felt a little more full. (A little smaller than a tennis ball). She's just not drinking as much as I would like her to. Even when she's separated. I just don't know how to get her to drink more..

Just another thought...... If you give treats and she is used to getting treats..... Perhaps she is super picky now.
I would offer her a little yogurt with layer feed mixed in. It may help get some layer feed in her that way. I also think making a small (very small) bowl of oatmeal on the soupy side and mixing some layer pellets in there couldn't hurt. I would of course cool the oatmeal and give it a stir to break up/dissolve the pellets.

They can be picky.
roll.png

I switched to a different brand once that they hated. They were out of my usual so I got something else. NO ONE would eat it. Yes it could very well be the feed.

***UPDATE***

I'm thinking it was an impacted crop. I used some of the methods I read on here and it seemed to work. She's eating and drinking normal and seems to be putting some weight back on.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom