*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Golly, it sure does! I had written that she was 7 weeks old, then thought I'd better count on the calendar and was shocked that I was 2 weeks behind, LOL. She's a sweet thing like all my Buff Orps I've had, except for one 3 year old hen I have now who has always been skittish, but then, Hope is a bit odd in several ways.

I have that problem with mine. I was about to tell someone the other day at work that they were 13 weeks. Then I checked my calendar and realized they were 16 weeks already!
I'm ready for eggs!
roll.png
They're all hatchery girls so I figure I've only got about another month before I should start getting my hopes up.
One of my Buff girls like to "sing" to me every night when I put her up. Then again, she could be trying to tell me how annoyed she is.
tongue.png

I'm annoyed about my phone camera going a bit blury, but look at the chick on her back!
10277794_10200920627297587_6618153370223375005_n.jpg

Oh Johnn I love it! How adorable! I have a question for you. When she went broody did you just put some eggs under her then? I have a broody and have been thinking maybe I should go find some eggs for her to hatch.

I have that problem with mine. I was about to tell someone the other day at work that they were 13 weeks. Then I checked my calendar and realized they were 16 weeks already!
I'm ready for eggs!
roll.png
They're all hatchery girls so I figure I've only got about another month before I should start getting my hopes up.
One of my Buff girls like to "sing" to me every night when I put her up. Then again, she could be trying to tell me how annoyed she is.
tongue.png

I have hatchery buffs and they started around 22 weeks.

From my limited experience with them, my biggest earliest chick was a hen and the first to lay. I thought it was a rooster for sure.
And while I was waiting for that rooster to crow it laid an egg.
I'd give it a gender neutral name like Lee or Chris just in case.

Back
Top Bottom