*Buff Orpington Thread!*

This is Virginia, my Buff Orp. :)

She (he??..looks more like a roo) looks a lot like my White Rocks (Plymouth). Mine also have

pretty blue eyes...a rather unique feature. Very sweet birds.

Not super great photos, but they are about 6.5 weeks here. They are now 8. Same white feathers, blue eyes,and white legs. Yours has a more pronounced comb and wattles where mine have none....he maybe a rooster. Just a guess.....

Sad/happy story. Went to the hens last night and Bella's mother came up the field with her two big chicks but the little girl was missing. I looked in all the sheds for her, but there was no sign of her. Something just clicked and I thought "rat trap". I went and lifted one of the boards it was under and I could see her little foot. I then saw she was breathing so I like ripped them all off and she was being attacked by loads of bugs and ants. I got her out of the trap and and wiped the ants off and they started biting me!! She was a bit wobbly and wasn't eating, so I cleaned the broody shed out and put her and her mother in and locked the two big chicks out. It was an instant kill rat trap and it was on her neck so I don't know how it didn't snap her neck. Went up today and she was scoffing meal worms and is now back out with the rest of the flock!! She is so so lucky to have survived that!

Back
Top Bottom