*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Pics
these are the 4 I hatched in my home made incubator. I think these yellow fuzz balls are the cutest kind of chicks you could have!

Ok, you need a bucket,mixing spoon, feed, water, and braggs apple cider vinegar with mother (very important). The ACV is about $6 in the organic isle of the grocery. Put 2 days worth of feed in the bucket, cover with water and mix. Make sure you have enough water, the feed fluffs. Then add 3-4 Tablesoons of the ACV and stir. You have to stir it a couple times a day, then when it starts to bubble it's ready to feed it to them. Mine took about 3 days. If you find a warm place in your house it won't take as long. Scoop and drain what you need, letting the liquid stay in your bucket. Put more feed in the bucket, adding water as you need it to cover the feed, making sure it's mixed well. I feed mine 3 times a day, sometimes 4 if they get real chirpy.

Ok, you need a bucket,mixing spoon, feed, water, and braggs apple cider vinegar with mother (very important). The ACV is about $6 in the organic isle of the grocery. Put 2 days worth of feed in the bucket, cover with water and mix. Make sure you have enough water, the feed fluffs. Then add 3-4 Tablesoons of the ACV and stir. You have to stir it a couple times a day, then when it starts to bubble it's ready to feed it to them. Mine took about 3 days. If you find a warm place in your house it won't take as long. Scoop and drain what you need, letting the liquid stay in your bucket. Put more feed in the bucket, adding water as you need it to cover the feed, making sure it's mixed well. I feed mine 3 times a day, sometimes 4 if they get real chirpy.
If you'll add some Quaker rolled oats to fermented medicated chick starter, your babies will grow up with bigger bodies. I start adding oats at one week of age.Watch them gobble it up !

maybe you can help me ! I am clueless of what I got from TSC (no surprise there) I got Sunny out of the mixed pullet bin. she could be one out of like 4 breeds but only 3 breeds i remember is RIR (no) Leghorn (maybe) Buff orpington (maybe) is she a Buff? maybe someone on here can tell :)

If I need to I can get more/better pictures of her. this was right when we got home :)

If you'll add some Quaker rolled oats to fermented medicated chick starter, your babies will grow up with bigger bodies. I start adding oats at one week of age.Watch them gobble it up !
Mine love the steel cut oats as well...I have been adding a bit of sunflower oil or raw coconut oil too....they 'gobble' it up!!!

Back
Top Bottom