*Buff Orpington Thread!*

LOL they are stubborn at times.

If you have a wire dog kennel, those work great for separating. If not, you can fashion a makeshift barrier or fence out of chicken wire to confine her.

LOL they are stubborn at times.

If you have a wire dog kennel, those work great for separating. If not, you can fashion a makeshift barrier or fence out of chicken wire to confine her.

this weather and the full time job doesn't make it easier to deal with stubborn chickens lol

I might have to just make one in the weekend if the rain would stop for 10 minutes lol

IMG_2097.JPG
Couldn't get ably-Kote but got her a substitute and some anti-peck spray. They haven't pecked her since I let them out a few hours ago so fingers crossed.

Since I prayed her butt purple we've all been laughing out arses off :bun:lau

View attachment 1086250
Couldn't get ably-Kote but got her a substitute and some anti-peck spray. They haven't pecked her since I let them out a few hours ago so fingers crossed.

Since I prayed her butt purple we've all been laughing out arses off :bun:lau

LOL If she lays an egg, you will know which one is hers for a couple of days too, depending on where the blue stuff landed;)

LOL If she lays an egg, you will know which one is hers for a couple of days too, depending on where the blue stuff landed;)
Haha that would be cool but she stopped laying about a week ago. I wouldn't mind some blue eggs (fake Easter eggers lol).

Today it seemed they pecked her again :he
I brought her out the pen so she can play in the grass while the other two watch.

Yesterday we had to put down my cute little super brooder. View attachment 1062195
What makes it worse is that I'm away 3000km away :(.

I thought the other chickens would've noticed but apparently they go on like nothing's happened lol.
GOSH so sorry to hear you lost your cute little super brooder, yes life does go on which is possibly the best thing for us all.

Haha that would be cool but she stopped laying about a week ago. I wouldn't mind some blue eggs (fake Easter eggers lol). Today it seemed they pecked her again :he
I brought her out the pen so she can play in the grass while the other two watch.
Sometimes the others can be relentless in the picking - it's tempting for them when they see an injury.
I hope she heals up soon.

Sometimes the others can be relentless in the picking - it's tempting for them when they see an injury.
I hope she heals up soon.
I hope so.
When I bought this purple spray and the anti peck they seemed to have stopped yesterday but this morning they pecked her again in the morning while they were in the pen. Now they're all out again and they don't bother her. :/
Weird creatures lol

Back
Top Bottom