*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Pics
Got two baby buffs tonight. Going to put them under a broody hen that lost all her eggs when night falls.

Would like everyone to meet my youngest son Garrett and our Buff Orpington rooster given to us by a friend. His name is Browning and he is such a sweetheart:)

I have a buff girl that has been going and sitting for an hour or so, clucking like she laid and then leaving the coop... is she close to being broody? Or what is she doing? She hasn't laid an egg in a few days either

Is she egg bound by chance??? Sounds like she's trying to lay....mine sing the song when she or another lays an egg.

I
I have a buff girl that has been going and sitting for an hour or so, clucking like she laid and then leaving the coop... is she close to being broody? Or what is she doing? She hasn't laid an egg in a few days either

Some of them sit there forever. I think they're drinking coffee and reading the paper. Others just do it and get on with life. She's just taking her time. They'll stay there all day long when broody.

If you are positive she hasn't laid any eggs in a few days then egg bound is a possibility. I've never had to deal with it so if that's the problem, sorry can't help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom