*Buff Orpington Thread!*

There was no hole I ended up having to make a small incision. I'm posting updates in the forum link I posted above. So far she is doing good, just keeping her in the dark so she won't lay another egg for a while

I am currently brooding 2 BO chicks, my 1st BO's btw. And I am getting so nervous that they were sexed wrong!! They r only 1 week old, so I realize its probably silly, but 1 is VERY quickly outgrowing the other in size, and its wing feathers have grown at least twice as long already, AND it already getting tail feathers!!! I got BO's after reading so much about them, and know the males usually get rather large. That leads me to believe that they would grow much faster than the females, am I correct in this assumption???? I have a 24 week old SS rooster, and I would never want to get rid of him, or a BO rooster, since they r such a great breed!! Maybe I'll just have to get more hens so I can keep both!! Lol

I am currently brooding 2 BO chicks, my 1st BO's btw. And I am getting so nervous that they were sexed wrong!! They r only 1 week old, so I realize its probably silly, but 1 is VERY quickly outgrowing the other in size, and its wing feathers have grown at least twice as long already, AND it already getting tail feathers!!! I got BO's after reading so much about them, and know the males usually get rather large. That leads me to believe that they would grow much faster than the females, am I correct in this assumption???? I have a 24 week old SS rooster, and I would never want to get rid of him, or a BO rooster, since they r such a great breed!! Maybe I'll just have to get more hens so I can keep both!! Lol
I've always read Pullets feather out first, mine did.

Got a few photos in the misting rain of Max's (EBO) cockerel and pullets out of SOP hens , at 5 1/2 months old. The pullets are starting to lay.

If we have a few cool days, these are available to ship now.

They are BEAUTIFUL!! I just started raising chickens in the Spring, so I was wondering if you could tell me what SOP & EBO means?
When I refer to a SOP Orp, it means it was bred by a breeder according to the American Poultry Association's Standard of Perfection.This standard is what LF Orps are judged by in the US. EBO = English bred Buff Orpington. This is in contrast to hatchery birds who are not bred to any standard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom