*Buff Orpington Thread!*

How big do BO eggs get. One of our girls started laying 4 days ago and this morning there were 2 eggs so thinking that another one started this morning. All 5 eggs we have are really small, with they get bigger or do they normally lay small eggs? Have to admit they sure taste yummy, they have a nice rich yellow yolk and I was pleasantly surprised how hard the shells were considering I just started giving them oyster shell the day we got our first egg.
Thanks
Christina

The first few eggs will be tiny and they will get bigger. Or eggs are fairly small for their size bit there is still good eating in them. A hens eggs also get bigger with age, five or six year old hens will lay huge eggs

How big do BO eggs get.  One of our girls started laying 4 days ago and this morning there were 2 eggs so thinking that another one started this morning.  All 5 eggs we have are really small, with they get bigger or do they normally lay small eggs?  Have to admit they sure taste yummy, they have a nice rich yellow yolk and I was pleasantly surprised how hard the shells were considering I just started giving them oyster shell the day we got our first egg.
Thanks
Christina
I have one that is three years old and now laying an extra large to Jumbo. The others that age are laying eggs that fall between XLarge and Large. The really nice ones from Dragon Lady that aren't quite a year old yet lay a large. I weigh them from time to time to be sure I know the difference.

Last edited:
This is one of my 1/2 English x 1/2 American LF Buff Orpington cockerels that is available. I do have several more quality cockerels. PM Inquiries welcome.
LL

My buff just started crowing this morning but sounded week is that normal ? hes around 25 to 30 weeks old. oh and he actualy crows when its time to wake up lol not 3 am or any other time. great alarm clock.

My hubby and I have decided that we would like to add a couple of girls to our flock, However didn't realize how hard it would be to find any in Alaska. Unfortunately can't afford the shipping into the state for a couple of girls, $80...wow....I'm thinking now that maybe we should hatch a few, as eggs don't cost that much to ship. I would prefer not to order from a hatchery, so am wondering if anyone on this site sells BO eggs?
Thanks
Christina

My hubby and I have decided that we would like to add a couple of girls to our flock, However didn't realize how hard it would be to find any in Alaska.  Unfortunately can't afford the shipping into the state for a couple of girls, $80...wow....I'm thinking now that maybe we should hatch a few, as eggs don't cost that much to ship.  I would prefer not to order from a hatchery, so am wondering if anyone on this site sells BO eggs?
Thanks
Christina
check out the hatching eggs forum on here. I'm sure I've seen BO eggs for sale on there.

Back
Top Bottom