*Buff Orpington Thread!*

"Henrietta" at 12 weeks and in juvenile molt phase currently.

Not often one sees a Buff Orp pullet (12 weeks) and Buff Rock pullet (11 weeks) next to each other....Unique opportunity to compare & contrast these breeds--Enjoying both
wink.png

i love both especialy the rock because its all buff except for comb and wattles of course
and the orp because it gets super big
love.gif

thanks for the pick

Pic of my girls, they are all around 17ish weeks old. My BO named Pumpkin, my Lav. Amreucana Flash & my EE Chicka. I also have a BA named Cookie (not pictured). I hope to have a very colorful egg basket in a few weeks!

Last edited:
Pic of my girls, they are all around 17ish weeks old. My BO named Pumpkin, my Lav. Amreucana Flash & my EE Chicka. I also have a BA named Cookie (not pictured). I hope to have a very colorful egg basket in a few weeks!
Your Girls are lovely! I would like to have a few EE's in my flock, I didn't know how they would do with my buffs though. You'll have to let me know what color the eggs are when she starts laying! It would be so neat to have a rainbow of eggs!

Your Girls are lovely! I would like to have a few EE's in my flock, I didn't know how they would do with my buffs though. You'll have to let me know what color the eggs are when she starts laying! It would be so neat to have a rainbow of eggs!
My EE is definitely the Big Boss but the other girls don't seem to mind. I only have 4 and they have lots of room in their pin. I will post pics as soon as I start getting eggs!

Your Girls are lovely! I would like to have a few EE's in my flock, I didn't know how they would do with my buffs though. You'll have to let me know what color the eggs are when she starts laying! It would be so neat to have a rainbow of eggs!
Me too! I would love some pretty blue eggs that I don't have to dye at Easter time LOL. But, like you, I am afraid of the combo with the Buffs. Since my Buffs are my main breed I am worried about adding too many different kinds of birds.

I think you should bring it to moderators no matter what the age is. And I agree that it will be a lesson to be learned. Don't let one bad apple ruin your opinion of others on this site. It will ruin the purpose of it. You have a right to protect yourself of course. And I think there are some easy apps out there to put a translucent emblem on your pictures. At least that is what my hubby said after I told him what happened to you. Google it.
Thanks. I have found a way to mark my pics but will check in to other programs.

x2. I love my EEs and they are good layers of blue/green, greenish and pink eggs. There is a great EE thread on here and everyone on that thread is really nice, supportive and have excellent knowledge.

I'm so excited for my buffs to start laying! I have 10 buffs 6 of them sweet little babies and 4 with attitudes lol. They are 18 weeks old today. How old were your buffs when they started laying? Is there any tricks of the trade to get them to start laying in the brooding boxes?
My Orps (blue and buff) have never started laying before 6 months, more like 7-9 months. If yours are hatchery Orps they will probably start sooner. Mine are all from show lines but some show lines may start sooner. As for getting them to lay in the nest boxes I have used wooden craft eggs or golf balls left in the boxes.

My Orps (blue and buff) have never started laying before 6 months, more like 7-9 months. If yours are hatchery Orps they will probably start sooner. Mine are all from show lines but some show lines may start sooner. As for getting them to lay in the nest boxes I have used wooden craft eggs or golf balls left in the boxes.
I also heard that show lines are slower to lay. AND I was told that where you live makes a difference with timing. If they reach 20ish weeks and it is cold they take longer and if its too hot they take longer. Lucky for me mine will reach 20ish weeks when weather is in the 70's here!!!!

Back
Top Bottom