*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Update on Gertrude, the chicken with the blowout. Put preparation H on her and that did the trick. Never took her back to the vet. He was only going to put a stitch or two on each side, not all the way across, just until everything healed but I didn't have to do that. She is doing great and back out with the flock, feathers all dried up and fluffed and doing well. Thanks for all the advice. I told the chicken vet about the preparation H which he seemed to be surprised at.

I'm so glad you tried the Prep. H !It is wonderful stuff for problems such as this. Keep applying it if you see any sloughing around the vent.Please keep that hen separate until her vent is normal too.

ah ok cool. this morning even tho it is still september in kansas it was really cold out side and jackie and dolly didnt want to come out of there coop is it time for a heat lamp and thermo cube ?

ah ok cool. this morning even tho it is still september in kansas it was really cold out side and jackie and dolly didnt want to come out of there coop is it time for a heat lamp and thermo cube ?

Way too early ! Let the birds "Harden OFF' and get used to cooler temps. I never turn on any lights until the temps are below freezing. Orps LOVE cold weather !

ok cool what i have done was i have one of those thermo cubes that only goes on if the temp drops to 35 and turns off when the temp goes up to 45. and for now its unpluged. By the way if any of you use electicity out side you should really think about getting a water resistant GFI they coast around 20 bucks at home depot. and remember that if your going to use any sort of electrical equipment out side they should be in a water tight cover which you can get at home depot for around 5 bucks. it will save some major money in the future. after all im the electrician your perants warned you about lol.

need some good rooster names for my orp that i thought was a hen but heard him crow so not a hen after all & bad part is I've been calling him Sally any ideas??

Last edited:
yba5ujeb.jpg

8y3a2ujy.jpg

My BO's Aphrodite & Artemus will be 7 weeks old tomorrow!!! Artemus is all puffed up today, looks like the "angry birds". Lol

Back
Top Bottom