*Buff Orpington Thread!*

Our pullets have been laying for 2 weeks and one of our BOs is laying jumbo sized eggs. The buffs are laying almost every day putting the white leghorn to shame. I I've my fluffy butts!

So hard to get a good close up of Capt and Emma...

Update on Gertrude, the chicken with the blowout. Put preparation H on her and that did the trick. Never took her back to the vet. He was only going to put a stitch or two on each side, not all the way across, just until everything healed but I didn't have to do that. She is doing great and back out with the flock, feathers all dried up and fluffed and doing well. Thanks for all the advice. I told the chicken vet about the preparation H which he seemed to be surprised at.

Update on Gertrude, the chicken with the blowout.  Put preparation H on her and that did the trick.  Never took her back to the vet. He was only going to put a stitch or two on each side, not all the way across, just until everything healed but I didn't  have to do that.  She is doing great and back out with the flock, feathers all dried up and fluffed and doing well.  Thanks for all the advice.  I told the chicken vet about the preparation H  which he seemed to be surprised at.
Glad to know! And you taught that vet something too! In his or her defense, vets really aren't taught that much about chickens, and even less about so-called "home remedy" type things like this.. that WORK!

Back
Top Bottom