Buff Orpingtons, cocks or pullets.

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I guess I have not be paying to much attention to my 18 week old Buff Orpingtons. I thought I gave all the cockerels away but one. There is this one that is always coming up to me and I was thinking boy what a big girl you are. Now I’m thinking it’s a cockerel. I went into the barn to take a pic and I saw 3 I’m thinking are cock’s. What do you think, the hackle feathers are long and to a point. It looks like they are getting spurs. If they are cocks I need to make up my mind again as which one to keep. Two of the one’s you see are always in the barn. I better go get a good look at all of them.

7163_cocks.jpg

This second one is the one in the back ground above.

7163_cock3.jpg

Quote:
I thought they were all roos.
idunno.gif

Sorry I had company and just got back here. I have other pics I'll put them up and maybe then you will all be able to tell better.

Here are some other pics and look at the feet I think I see the beginning of spurs?

7163_hens1.jpg

7163_cock2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That's what I'm thinking but I may wait a couple more weeks and see what happens. I know the one was after my pullets trying to do his thing that's why I think it's a he. But he come's right up to me and stays mostly away from the other chickens. They have me confused.

Back
Top Bottom