Buff Orpingtons-share stories of your BO's adventure in life!

My BO penny was locked in a 4 x 4 pen with 15 other chickens in it... abandoned. Now she (and 1 other from the same place) is with us.

One time a hawk was sitting in a tree, watching her and she was literally on the ground, head touching the dirt, wings spread out, not moving, trying to be unseen.

Another time I was pulling her on a sled in the snow and she jumped off and went-a-sliding!
smile.png
(She wasn't hurt.)

Our BO, Princess Buttercup, is downright aggressive about getting loved on. When she sees us coming toward the coop, she waits by the door or hatch to spring out into our arms. Kind of funny when you are carrying eggs!

I love BO adventures. BO's seem less sane than the rest of the chicken breeds. That's why I absolutly LOVE EM! I love having over-the-top hens! Anyone else with me?

I was feeding the girls bread(and they LOVE the stuff)and one of my Buff Orpingtons named Grasshopper(the Queen)was over by the coop, probably getting ready to lay. When she saw her "subjects" stuffing their faces without her, she ran and flapped like a crazy chicken over to them, squawking all the while, as if to say "DON'T EAT IT ALL WITHOUT ME!!"
D.gif
I thought something was wrong with her at first!
lau.gif

I have a hen named Bug, my very first Buff Orph lady who received her name by us picking her up and carrying her around the garden so she could peck all the bugs off the leaves
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom