Buff Orpington's with their pet cat....

Quote:
smile.png
Thank you.

I Love all your photos! Such lovely chickens, and their cat is quite the looker too! I have a little tuxedo kitty and he also loves to watch the chickens! Also your home is gorgeous, I have never been to Michigan but I have a friend who lives in Traverse City and she can't say enough about how pretty it is there.

Quote:
Hi Allie
Dexter is such a beautiful kitty! I love his white whiskers against his dark fur. Very beautiful. Your friend lives in a
very beautiful area of Michigan. Traverse City is one of Michigan's treasures. We really do have a beautiful state. It's
unfortunate that the economy here is as bad as it is. There are a lot of people fleeing the state. I love where I live,
but if you ask me in the middle of February, I'll have a different opinion. I HATE winter and our winters are VERY long,
cold, and snowy! Other that that, I love it.
big_smile.png

I'm coming in late but, read all the posts and love the photos. Yes, I know you have the famous swimming chickens. I made everybody come and see the pictures when they first came out.

The chickens and your daughters were so beautiful together and so relaxed. I wouldn't chickens could get to that point. I think the dragonflies land on them because they show no fear. If they tried to land on me, I'd probably run for help.

I think it's super neat that the chickens have a pet cat. I used to raise Cockers and we had an unexpected mini pop up that we called Muffy Puppy(RIP) , she was some character. She didn't have a stink eye she had a "death look," which she certainly gave the vet who spayed her and my mom for taking her in.

She did always want to have her very own pony and was very unhappy when we discovered they were not allowed in our area, My pictures of her were from long before the digital era - more like the Kodak instatmatic with the itty bitty square photos and flashcube period.

I'm coming in late but, read all the posts and love the photos. Yes, I know you have the famous swimming chickens. I made everybody come and see the pictures when they first came out.

The chickens and your daughters were so beautiful together and so relaxed. I wouldn't chickens could get to that point. I think the dragonflies land on them because they show no fear. If they tried to land on me, I'd probably run for help.

I think it's super neat that the chickens have a pet cat. I used to raise Cockers and we had an unexpected mini pop up that we called Muffy Puppy(RIP) , she was some character. She didn't have a stink eye she had a "death look," which she certainly gave the vet who spayed her and my mom for taking her in.

She did always want to have her very own pony and was very unhappy when we discovered they were not allowed in our area, My pictures of her were from long before the digital era - more like the Kodak instatmatic with the itty bitty square photos and flashcube period.
Thank you for sharing Nancy! What a lovely story.
cute-kitten-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Awesome pics, and I love the name Caspian! He is definitely my favorite character in the movie. :)
Thank you! He was one of our favorite character in the whole Narnia series. But our cat "Caspian" is actually a girl!! We thought she was a boy (that's what the vet had told us), but when SHE became very pregnant a year later...well...the name was already permanent. So Caspian's a she.
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Does she really get along with them? Because I have 2 cats, both good hunters, and I'm hoping there will be no disasters. My chickens are about 6-7 weeks old now, so cats have NO access to them at this time....but there will come a day when they're adult and allowed out to free range while we're home. What was your experience?

Back
Top Bottom