Buff Orpingtons?

EmilyP

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2016
Elberton, Georgia
Got these two girls at TS yesterday the bin said buff orpingtons but their color is so different I was curious if one is something else. One looks white and one buff to me but I've never had BOs before either.

IMG_4915.JPG IMG_4912.JPG IMG_4913.JPG

The lighter one is not a buff imo, other one looks like my buffs at that age I've had 16 buff babies

Also color of legs will tell you, buffs legs are pretty light/white colored not yellow or orange that might tell you too :thumbsup

I've been raising BOs for a couple of years. A BO hatches yellow and grows up yellow. It looks like you have a BO, RIR, and a Leghorn. I have BOxCinnamon sexlinks and they are yellow with white, similar to your picture.

The darker one looks like my RIR and the middle looks like the Buff Orpington I have. These are my first chicks so i can’t say for sure ;-)

don;t worry I can;t figure out what I just got either they all have this pink stuff on them so its hard to tell what color they are think 4 are rhode island reds but not 100% sure Im no expert on telling any of these birds till they grow up:idunno

how can you tell if its a leg horn any distinct feature s think may be 2 of them in the bunch the legs are a different color

plus theres 8 extra's oh what to do with them ordered 8 got 16 , just don't want to give them away till I figure out what I got, may have some good ones in the bunch maybe some white egg layers .

dang battery's all dead figures Ill post picts in a little while after I get a battery charged:he

Back
Top Bottom