Buff Orpingtons

oh and here is buffy and pea-wea out in the yard with there favorite little broiler! still alive and going good!
animals171.jpg

Salve&Fluffer :

Those are great BO pictures,Sunnydee!

Thank you! And I also wanted to add that my BO's are now friendlier than the leghorns!​

Salve&Fluffer :

My Buff Orpintons laid brown eggs.

Really? Well...maybe mine are not BOs! I wasn't sure what they are but was told on here what they were???

idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

My BO girl was named Gillian, we often called her 'Silly Gilly.'

I wouldn't say she was terribly loud, but she was the loudest of my girls. She was friendly, but only on her own terms. She also didn't lay all that well, but when she did, oh my, you would have thought that egg contained the cure for cancer! She was absurdly proud of herself. Too cute.

Has anyone else noticed their BO eggs being hard to peel? No matter how old her eggs were, or how I boiled & cooled them, Gillians eggs were always a pain to peel. Maybe it was just her individually.

We are planning our next flock and DH is using all his votes on another BO.

I would love to get another one, but I'm torn. There are so many wonderful breeds. Does anyone have white orps? How do you like them?

Last edited:
Quote:
Really? Well...maybe mine are not BOs! I wasn't sure what they are but was told on here what they were???

idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

My Buff Orpingtons laid pale brown eggs, so I think it might be possible for BOs to lay white eggs.

I thought you might all get a kick out of this picture. My son snapped it the other day because the Orpingtons are getting braver & braver coming up right next to the dogs all the time when they want to see what's happening in the kitchen or are after a special snack.... Of course I'm always right there & would not ever leave a dog & chicken alone.
smile.png

9f0eb11d.jpg

Salve&Fluffer :

Quote:

idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

My Buff Orpingtons laid pale brown eggs, so I think it might be possible for BOs to lay white eggs.​

Mine lay pale brown eggs too. The RIR's are the only ones who lay dark ones for me.

Back
Top Bottom