Buff Orpingtons

Salve&Fluffer

Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
I got the idea for this discussion from a Barred Rock discussion.This discussion is made so thar everyone who likes Buff Orpingtons can say things about their Buffs, post pictures of them,and tell each other things about them.

One Gold Link and one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.(I used to have a Buff Orpenton,Salve.She was the most beautiful chicken I ever saw.She was eaten by a possum.
hit.gif
)

Last edited:
Salve&Fluffer FYI it is spelled Orpington not Orpenton. I had Buffs in the past they were sweet and GREAT layers but they were the loudest chickens I have ever had.

Here is Clementine:

Yardfun04.jpg

I have a few Buffs, one of my starters is a Buff , her name is Babs and she is a real sweetie. I have another Bertie that begs to be held.
I have a Cockerel , Hercules, he had CRD as a chick and I honestly thought we'd lose him, but he made it.
I also have 2 Pullets and another cockerel that I haven't had time to name yet.

Here are some pics:
Babs
Babs.jpg

Hercules
Hercules.jpg

Others
BO4.jpg

I love my OP Buffs.

They are about 13 weeks old. One is named Vivian and the other is Camella.

Vivi seems to be the leader and comes to me when ever she thinks she needs some attention. Shortly after that everyone else comes around.

She has been really sweet to the 2 week olds I put in the coop this morning. When she gets tired of them, she jumps up in the coop and takes a nap.

I guess she figures... to let the youngster to the run around to wear themselves out.

My BOs are about 3 weeks old and I'm in love with them. They are so loud and goofy. I caught them knocking over the food to dust bathe in it.
lol.png

Here's a pic of them as week olds.

2758094622_8a6374a695.jpg

I love my buffs.
I have 4, 1 rooster 3 hens.
My rooster is named Friday.
I can't post any pics because our conputer is to slow.
Good idea to start this thread.
I like all the names of your chickens.

Quote:
ep.gif
hu.gif

I was thinking the same thing too: the black chicken w/ the gold head -- when you first look at it, it looks like some alien life form with a chicken head coming out of its back or side because the tail looks like it would be a head... (or something like that!) Took me a good 2 minutes to figure it out.
gig.gif

I've had buff Orpingtons for at least 7 or 8 years. My last BO rooster was the sweetest guy, big and beautiful and so polite with the girls, he would always let them eat first if I brought any treats into the yard. I've got a new batch coming on now and the young roos seem to be a bunch of juvenile delinquents. My last old hen Mrs Henly is sort of crabby and tries to keep them in line, though. One of the pullets just laid her first egg a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom