Buff Orpingtons

so far I've only had chicks, no adults although they are all growing fast...all orps/australorps and I just LOVE my Buffs the most! I think it has something to do with being able to clearly see their faces/eyes when they are young and old for that matter! Beyond that, they are just SO much more friendly than the other colors I have so far. They are currently following me around the yard as I build a second coop, standing underfoot daring me to drop screws & clamps on their heads!
hmm.png
big_smile.png

101_2016.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
A little background info here: My four year old has 5 buff orp hens and a buff orp rooster- they are HIS. I have my chickens and he has HIS buff orps.

I was looking at this page and he walked in and saw the pics of the buff orps and said, "Hey! Those look like pics of MY chickens!"

Just got our first babies, they are a week old today! Feather wings are just starting to emerge, they are super sweet!!
12581_p1070439.jpg

12581_p1070440.jpg

My Buff Orpington,Salve, was a free-ranging chicken. One time,a raptor lifted her up,but she was able to escape. Salve was the leader of the pecking order. We had another Buff Orpington,Stripey,who wanted to hatch her eggs. She was very protective of them.

Oh my word could she be any cuter?? Just sun bathing away!! I love it!!
How old is this one? We haven't gotten to that feathery stage quite yet!

Salve liked to sunbathe,too.Whenever the sun shined on her,it made her look even more beautiful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom