buff rock breeders

hankster

Hatching
9 Years
May 10, 2010
I am constantly reading about all the wonderful breeders of so many varieties of chickens. Are there no breeders of large fowl buff rocks which I have found to be
wonderful layers and docile to boot.

Got mine by getting part of a larger total order. You can order less than 25 from IDEAL, but I believe they are sold out of Plymouth Rocks till May. I would put my order in SOON, if you can wait till May to get them. Mine have been super layers, except for time out to molt.

I'm new to chickens and getting ready to order soon. I wanted a couple of buff rocks because I love the color and all the info I read; seldom broody, friendly and docile as my 4 year daughter and I will be the primary care takers. Now I realize that McMurray has a 25 minimum order and that is the only hatchery I find that has buff rocks! So disappointed. I considered buff orpington but it says they are frequent brooders. I'm wanting a mix of a few different breeds, 10 total at most. Any suggestions of hatcheries with no minimum that carries buff rocks?
I'm in KY by the way.

Last edited:
I have been had my eyes on this breed as well and found some on ebay tonight and won! I can't wait till I get the hatching eggs in the mail to put in my incubator..... Hope to have this breed and many more beautiful chicks in the future....
wee.gif

Hi I have both bantam and large fowl buff rocks. I have a pullet that won reserve breed at a local show.

Capt. Jack and some of his girls a few months ago. Hatched June 2013 they about six months old in these pics. Jack weighed around 8 pounds at the time. They are from Tom Roebuck lines, hatched by Cindy Novick. (cbnovick here). desertmarcy also has two pair from this hatch. I am getting my pens set up to single mate this year for myself and my breeding partner.

Capt. Jack and some of his girls a few months ago. Hatched June 2013 they about six months old in these pics. Jack weighed around 8 pounds at the time. They are from Tom Roebuck lines, hatched by Cindy Novick. (cbnovick here). desertmarcy also has two pair from this hatch. I am getting my pens set up to single mate this year for myself and my breeding partner.

Where can I get some like this for my dad?

Back
Top Bottom