buff rock breeders

hankster

Hatching
9 Years
May 10, 2010
I am constantly reading about all the wonderful breeders of so many varieties of chickens. Are there no breeders of large fowl buff rocks which I have found to be
wonderful layers and docile to boot.

I'm new to chickens and getting ready to order soon. I wanted a couple of buff rocks because I love the color and all the info I read; seldom broody, friendly and docile as my 4 year daughter and I will be the primary care takers. Now I realize that McMurray has a 25 minimum order and that is the only hatchery I find that has buff rocks! So disappointed. I considered buff orpington but it says they are frequent brooders. I'm wanting a mix of a few different breeds, 10 total at most. Any suggestions of hatcheries with no minimum that carries buff rocks?
I'm in KY by the way.

Last edited:
Got mine by getting part of a larger total order. You can order less than 25 from IDEAL, but I believe they are sold out of Plymouth Rocks till May. I would put my order in SOON, if you can wait till May to get them. Mine have been super layers, except for time out to molt.

I have been had my eyes on this breed as well and found some on ebay tonight and won! I can't wait till I get the hatching eggs in the mail to put in my incubator..... Hope to have this breed and many more beautiful chicks in the future....
wee.gif

Hi I have both bantam and large fowl buff rocks. I have a pullet that won reserve breed at a local show.

Capt. Jack and some of his girls a few months ago. Hatched June 2013 they about six months old in these pics. Jack weighed around 8 pounds at the time. They are from Tom Roebuck lines, hatched by Cindy Novick. (cbnovick here). desertmarcy also has two pair from this hatch. I am getting my pens set up to single mate this year for myself and my breeding partner.

Capt. Jack and some of his girls a few months ago. Hatched June 2013 they about six months old in these pics. Jack weighed around 8 pounds at the time. They are from Tom Roebuck lines, hatched by Cindy Novick. (cbnovick here). desertmarcy also has two pair from this hatch. I am getting my pens set up to single mate this year for myself and my breeding partner.

Where can I get some like this for my dad?

Back
Top Bottom