Buff Silkie Thread!

Hi everyone, wow you have some gorgeous silkies on here. This is one of two buff silkies I picked up today and is a little poser already, her name is Diva.
She has a pattern on her wings, is this normal for a silkie at a young age? Thanks

Some more of my little ones, growing before my very eyes
smile.png

Here's a pic of my buff chicks. They have some grey on the wing feathers that I'm not happy about. I need to take some recent pics. These were taken about 4 wks ago. Some have gotten a lot darker.

Hi everyone! I have a white silkie that is starting to grow reddish brown feathers in her/his wings. Can you take a look and tell me if thats normal or is she/he actually a very pale buff?

Hi everyone!!! I am trying to find a buff silkie hen or puller or if chicks a couple :) I'm in the Wildomar ca area I will drive at least and hour ;) please let me know if any for sale

Hi everyone! I have a white silkie that is starting to grow reddish brown feathers in her/his wings. Can you take a look and tell me if thats normal or is she/he actually a very pale buff?

Could it be blood? It almost looks like she could have bumped herself, causing the new feathers in that area to get a bit of blood on them. If not, it's not a pure white.

silkiefluff,

It turned out that my little silkie roo is not a true white but I actually think his red feathers on his wings are beautiful and so unusual. And he is definitely a "he". He only has those feathers on his wings and no where else. He turned into a gorgeous roo. He has these shiny silky streamers at the base of his head and all around the back of his neck. He reminds me of big bird from sesame street when watching him walk around from behind. And his earlobes a huge (can only see a little in these photos) and they are the most irradescent blue color. The shimmer in the light. Here's some updated pics. Thanks for the response!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom