Buff Sussex

Fuffy

Songster
10 Years
Sep 3, 2009
Jersey, GB
I have 5 week-old buff sussex babies. Have been trying to get some for 1 1/2 years! VERY excited.
wee.gif

Does anyone out there have experience of these?

2 are a bit darker than the others. And of those 2, one is a little bigger already and has a dark stripe on it's head. It also seems a bit feistier than the rest ... More nosey, if you like.
hu.gif

I'm thinking the darker ones are boys.
ep.gif
ep.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
old.gif
caf.gif

Congrats on being able to obtain them. I love buff varieties, but do not have sussex. Buff can show varied shades of light to dark. I hear the breed is very nice and I had a speckled rooster who was just that. Very friendly, timid and overall good bird. Enjoy!

Thank you hinkjc!
thumbsup.gif

As I live on an island, I have to get hatching eggs by post if I want some choice in the breeds.
he.gif

Luckily I have an ideal mamma hen who just LOVES being responsible for the new blood in my little flock
jumpy.gif

Tried last year and got a beautiful cockerel ... Who is an amazingly bright white with the columbian markings! NOT what I was after at all!!!!
barnie.gif

This year in February 9 never made it out of the shell and the 10th had its innards stuck to the shell and died a slow and agonizing death!!!!
hit.gif

So, as you can imagine, these babies are VERY special to me!!!!
love.gif

40490_hermiones_babies_2011_005.jpg

Not great photgraphy, but you can see the 'boy' with the striped head and a 'girl'

Any views, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom