Buffalo Chicken & Blue Cheese Dip

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese Dip
10 min prep l 30 min cook time

Great, easy dip for tailgates and parties. Tastes like buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dressing. Serve with thick chips and/or celery. A little different than the other buffalo chicken dips.
SERVES 20

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
16 ounces cream cheese (light is fine, but not fat free)
1 (12 ounce) bottle blue cheese dressing
1/2-3/4 cup hot sauce
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese

Directions
1) Boil in a large sauce pan enough water to cook the chicken breasts.
2) Then, boil the chicken until its cooked through, about 15 minutes.
3) Remove the chicken, pat dry, and shred with a fork.
4) Then place the shredded chicken in a large baking dish.
5) For a tailgate, I usually use 2 of those disposable 8 by 8 aluminum pans, or one large lasagna-size one.
6) Pour your desired amount of hot sauce over the chicken, and season with salt and pepper if desired.
7) Set this dish in the refrigerator to let the chicken absorb the flavor.
8) Preheat your oven to 350.
9) Next, over medium heat in a large pan, melt the cream cheese.
10) Pour in the blue cheese dressing and stir until they are completely combined.
11) Pour this mixture over the chicken.
12) Bake for 10 minutes.
13) Remove, but don't turn the oven off.
14) Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starting to brown just a little.
15) Serve hot or cold with chips or butter crackers.

This dip is so yummy...we have put it on tortilla shells and have eaten it that way.

droolin.gif

smack.gif
...I'm supposed to be on a diet - don't write about such delicious sounding things!

It is delicious....I ended up making some today and that's about all me and the girls have had. It is really yummy with the Ritz crackers (store brand for me)
smile.png

I have been making this for years but use ranch dressing and put my chicken breast in the crockpot before going to bed. We love it.
Mary

I am going to have to try this. Hubby and I took a motorcycle trip 2 years ago, and during the course of that trip, we travelled from our home here in Nova Scotia to the Anchor Pub in Buffalo NY. They tout themselves as the original home of the Buffalo Wing.... boy was it worth it! I didn't even know the cheese in the dip was Blue Cheese, and I was never really a Blue Cheese kind of girl, but I am certainly a fan now....

Writing this one down to try today
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom