Buffs are 18 weeks old, no eggs

i got my 12 golden comets april 27 they were 16 to18 wks old i have been getting 4 eggs since they were 20 wks old and gradually building i got ten eggs yesterday from pullets
Golden Comets are a sex-linked hybrid that does start to lay early. Heritage breeds like the Buff Orpingtons tend to lay much later.

im getting 12 a day from my little girls now and 5 from big girls,pullets eggs little bigger than small eggs in store .so comical to listen to some of them cackle,ihave got 2 that have a double cackle with a hiccup at the end .i hope yours are doing better by now.good luck.keep us posted.

Have a Plymouth Rock that was hatched April 1st. she laid her first egg today. it was tiny, about the size of a malted chocolate Easter Egg. when I cracked it open it didn't have a yolk in it either. Does this mean she's going to start laying eggs now or was this just a freak thing

sorry im so late answering you back ,looks like it has been a couple of days,but by now you should be getting a little bit bigger egg and should have a yoke.since mine started eggs have increased in size to medium ,i have one of them that has not layed for a couuple of days then she lays a very large egg with double yokes. again i appologise for not responding quicker.good luck with new layers.

First egg from my BO today.. 21 weeks! Woot woot!! I KNEW she would be my first layer.
clap.gif
:
Congrats on your first egg!!!
ep.gif
bow.gif
love.gif

Can't wait! she had laid another egg when I got home today.. A good bit smaller but I was thrilled for two in a row. :clap

how many pullets did you say you had because if you have more than 1 i would guess with it being smaller that it is from one of your other pullets. mine have been getting larger every day except when they take a break.but its great you have two in a row.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom