Bug Bomb set off - will it hurt the eggs?

annieroo

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Culpeper
My husband told me he set off some bug bombs in the house. When I asked him what he did with the eggs I have incubating, he said he put them in the bathroom and had placed a towel under the door crack. I'm concerned that the towel wouldnt' be enough to keep the fumes from coming into the bathroom. I guess my question is between the incubator and egg shell would that be enough to protect the chicks from the fumes. They are due to hatch on Friday and I was going to take the eggs out of the turner tonight.
sad.png

I think they'll be fine. When we had to bomb just one area the towel really blocked it.

Hate doing it, but the fleas are having a bumper crop year!

I hope you are right! They are Blue Cochin and White Crested Polish eggs I bought off ebay. This is my 3rd time trying to hatch and things have been looking really good since i bought a new thermometer/hygrometer. My 1st two hatches this spring/summer I got 1 then 2 out of 10 eggs both times. So far, it's looking like I might have 10 out of 16, but I may be getting ahead of myself. With the new thermometer, I'm positive the humidity was way to high my first two tries so I'm really hopeful these will make it.

Back
Top Bottom