Bug Spraying a yard with Chickens.........

Abbiem00

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2015
My husband sprays our back yard 2 maybe 3 times every summer to stop the bugs.

What is the "better" chemical to use and "how" should we use it?

I do want my Chickens to be able to use the yard too.

Thanks,
Abbie

I appreciate what you are saying. But I doubt my 3 chickens will clean my whole backyard of all the bugs.

I also know my husband won't be waiting on chickens to do so.

That being said...what is the best way to deal with BUGS.

Thank You

Most people on here are not going to spray for bugs when they have chickens because the chickens can eat the sprayed bugs and get sick and/or die or eat the sprayed grass or get the chemicals on them and possibly have chemicals enter into the eggs. We tend to let the chickens eat what they can and live with the rest.

Most people on here are not going to spray for bugs when they have chickens because the chickens can eat the sprayed bugs and get sick and/or die or eat the sprayed grass or get the chemicals on them and possibly have chemicals enter into the eggs. We tend to let the chickens eat what they can and live with the rest.
Ditto^^^

Most folks who have chickens are looking for 'clean' food......and thus don't use yard and lawn chemicals at all.

Most such chemicals have precautions for application when pets and children are around,
BUT not sure those would apply to chickens as they can be more sensitive to chemicals than mammals.

Back
Top Bottom