Bug zapper = Free protein?

drewskimac

Songster
6 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Siloam Springs, AR
So, here in Arkansas we have already got way too many little bugs flying around at night. So, one day i was reading an article that suggested I give my quail insects if I don't want to pay extra money for a higher protein feed. As I was on my way to the quail pen with a cup of mealworms I heard the bug zapper kill a bug and i noticed the pile of fried morsels on the ground beneath it... So, what if i placed a bucket underneath the zapper and dumped it in the quail run every morning? Any thoughts?

That will work or you could just put the zapper in or above the pen. you would have to rig it so the quail would not fly and land on it or the cord.
I do not know the protein levle of zapped/cooked bugs but it beats the heck out of purchasing meal worms. Give it a shot.

A humming bird feeder attracts a lot of hornets, bees, ants in the summer, they love the sugar water, thats my plan of attack. Just rig it so the birds do not get the sugar water.

That will work or you could just put the zapper in or above the pen. you would have to rig it so the quail would not fly and land on it or the cord.
I do not know the protein levle of zapped/cooked bugs but it beats the heck out of purchasing meal worms. Give it a shot.

A humming bird feeder attracts a lot of hornets, bees, ants in the summer, they love the sugar water, thats my plan of attack. Just rig it so the birds do not get the sugar water.
I tried the bug zapper... Worked great :)

Pretty sure it would, I tried it before with DOC/chicks. Gave them a good boost to their natural instincts. Of course the skeeters up here in TN are not as big as those razor back skeeters. :)

Back
Top Bottom