Building a farm .. Updated 8/24 Complete/ *PICS*

Ugh .. changed the forecast .. more rain, until the next front comes in on FRIDAY ..
barnie.gif

... I don't REMEMBER praying for patience ...
idunno.gif

We own 42 acres of land but only maybe 4 acres or so are clear field, the rest is WOODS!

Since you are doing alot of woods clearing up, mind coming over and help us? We got ALOT that needs to be done. The lady that owns 1/2 of our land (we call land lady cuz the deed is still in her name and she also lives on the property) inharent (spelling?!) the land and it has ALOT of JUNK abounded that needs to be cleaned up. Our road is also wooded and weeded and VERY dangerous to drive through, have to be SLOW and careful. Hopefully we are going to be getting a few men out to clear up the road area, making it easier and wider to get through without banging poor hubby's truck anymore then it already is (we have to hit a tree everytime we turn at one of the corners before we get into open field cuz the corner is sharp and hubby's truck is BIG). There is NO way we can get an animal trailor through that road, the trees are way too low and the road is way too narrow.

Yeah, as we were looking at the changes in the landscape.. and the first time we've ever seen water standing .. and the ruts in the driveway and all the limbs and trees and stumps ..
barnie.gif

It can seem overwhelming .. but we have the rest of our lives, huh?

Yeah, as we were looking at the changes in the landscape.. and the first time we've ever seen water standing .. and the ruts in the driveway and all the limbs and trees and stumps ..

It can seem overwhelming .. but we have the rest of our lives, huh?

Guess so...Maybe...Who knows....​

This is a fantastic thread... we are planning on doing the same thing, but years into the future. Right now we live on 1 acre with a 130 year old farmhouse we are fixing up... down the road we own 120 acres that will someday house our dream home and hobby farm.

I'm loving following your story, it's really neat to watch the updates and see all the progress.

Thanks for the posts!

Heather

Thanks for the encouragement, guys~! Just a quick update.
It finally quit raining long enough that the garage slab was poured.. yay!

We also had to have a limestone base gravel mix stuff put on the driveway. The big trucks were really tearing things up ..

Framers are supposed to start Monday. We had some major stress yesterday when we realized we didn't have a permit that was required, but so far no one knows ('cept us and the builder) so we're moving forward and working on the permit ... oops!

Anyway .. 1st pic is driving onto the new driveway ...

Land101609001.jpg

Then the slab with the piers (this is actually the view from the back -- once framing starts, I'll have to take pics from all angles)

Land101609003.jpg

Then the driveway as we're leaving the property ..

Land101609004.jpg

It's not quite home yet .. but coming along!

Also, in the VERY near future, I'll have a makshift chicken coop (dog kennel and old snakeproof rabbit hutch) .. these 5 chicks are 3.5 weeks old and stinkin' up the apartment ..
barnie.gif
.. I've got to get them out of the brooder..
hide.gif

Oh, and THREE of my FOUR Salmon Favs are ROOOOOOOs ...
idunno.gif
.. go figure ..

tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom