Building a run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CynthiaN, Mar 18, 2018.

1. CynthiaN

CynthiaN In the Brooder

Dec 10, 2017
    I have an adorable metal coop (very heavy) and need to build a run. Any suggestions on how to attach it to the metal. Pictures would be great. Thanks!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. .....

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Pictures of your co-op and the area that you wish to fence for your run are going to be key and us being able to offer advice

aart, blackdog043 and 21hens-incharge like this.
  3. blackdog043

blackdog043 Crowing

Feb 19, 2017
    Charlotte, NC
    Pictures from you,(like Ol Grey said) will help us be able to help you. Are you going to put a solid roof on your run? Also if you add your general location to your profile, it will help us know weather related issues you may have for your coop and run.

aart, CynthiaN and Ol Grey Mare like this.
  4. CynthiaN

CynthiaN In the Brooder

Dec 10, 2017
    That means I'll need to have my daughter show me how to share pictures which I'll do later this week when I have a day off (-;

aart and blackdog043 like this.
  5. bjmoose

bjmoose Chirping

Dec 19, 2017
    Northern California
    Assuming it's corrugated metal and some reasonable gauge, you can just drill some holes in it and then use self tapping screws to attach lumber furring strips to the edges you want to attach the pen to. Then you can attach the pen mesh using a pneumatic stapler or screws and washers or by layering another furring strip on top.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: