Building an "Old Style" henhouse.....move in day!....... (pics)

Quote:
My apologies....it is fixed.

But ......looking back, it is/was funny.
gig.gif

Seeeeee I just learned something.... cuz I thought that is what it was called !!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.png

I envy your skills, that is going to be an awesome coop!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eaton County, huh?
I moved from N. Michigan to an island in the Pac. N.W. 4 yrs. ago- total snowfall in the last 4 winters... less than 24"!!!

Why did you use OSB on the floor- that stuff will flake apart when it gets wet! Putting lino. over it may just add to a trapped moisture problem! Not using T&G will also allow moisture to seep & wick into your seams.

I've been a builder/contractor for 40+ yrs. Degree in construction mgt. All 'n all I think the OSB a poor choice & you'll regret it later!

Last edited:
Quote:
My wife takes a shower everyday in our bathroom that is a o.s.b. floor and linoleum. She also washes that floor once a week. Our laundry room has had it's share of washing machine spillovers, also o.s.b. and linoleum. In all those "wet" conditions the osb has shown no signs of wetness or swelling from underneath nor in imperfections in the linoleum from above. I don't think the floor in the henhouse is gonna get any wetter than my bathroom or laundry room floor has over all these years.

I got a new shed a few months ago and have had a few spills on the OSB floor which I put 2 coats of paint on before adding chickens and I'll be darned but the stuff has puckered up!
I had planned not to have water containers in there but it freezes at night outside so I have been putting them in the shed with the chickens.
I can't wait till freezing nights are over and I won't have to worry with the floor as much. Though come spring and I clean out the shed, I will be adding linoleum flooring on top of all that paint!

I got the rest of the rafters put in place and just wanted to post these three pictures from different angles to hopefully give you a better idea of how it will look.

Back quartering view.

008-3.jpg

Front quartering view.

010-1.jpg

And finally straight on.

009-1.jpg

Thanks Buster....keep following along.

Knowing this thread might be of help to someone, makes me want to take the time and pictures to help out anyone I can.

Quote:
Actually son was only able to help me frame the walls inside a nice sorta warm barn one afternoon.

He had to go back to his real job and left me out in the cold by myself.
hit.gif
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom