Building my first coop! - progress thread

:lol: I'm trained to look for all possible failures....
....20 years designing pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment.
Understandable. I tend to over-plan and think ahead a lot myself, too, also because of job habits (also design, though in a different field), so I can relate. But in this case I'm also looking at the context and just need the overhang to not break under whatever snow will be on it :) I'm hoping the 6 inches of OSB board and metal roofing, supported by the 5" corrugated corner braces, would be enough.

Here's the top down plan of everything:
Plans_Everything.png

What program are you using?

Why run door all the way over there?

Adobe Flash. Probably not the best for this purpose, but it's the one I have access to from work and I'm most familiar with. Plus, it's versatile so I can do a lot in it. I tried some actual architectural tools that were free online, but they were too limited (because they're free...) and too frustrating to work with, so trusty old Flash it is.

Not shown in the sketch, about 3 feet south of everything there's a large raised garden bed (2 feet tall). You can see it in one of the photos in the first post. If I put the run door anywhere on the south or south-west sides, it would be harder to get in carrying big things, or with the wheelbarrow, as I'd need to make a sharp turn and be too cramped by the garden (and the trees and bushes near the coop). There's nothing on the east side of the run though, so it would be a straight shot in from that side.

Back
Top Bottom