Building new 2 story coop/office for hatchery |*PICS*|

Looks nice, I am not trying to bash and it may be to late, but I would have beefed up the Bottom level and foundation my self, The foundation may be ok for a one level building but a two story building it does appear to be a bit weak/undersized, there is going to be a lot of weight, once the inside is finished off and then you start adding all of the equipment, feed birds and so on. Just my thoughts and it is also hard to tell some times by Pictures, but I know that would not pass code here.

the runs ended up being way bigger than expected which is good
because we will need space lol all of these pictures are from the
past two weeks. and we decided to take a short break after finishing this side
so that we could till the garden and plant the veggies.

we placed the breeds from left to right:
Pearl white leghorns, Rhode island Reds, and then silkies.
We will not be ordering any more chicks until the other side
of the coops are completed. so far 4 coops and runs out of
4 are completed. we also have Pekin Ducklings in the brooder.

Looks nice! do you plan on beefing up that wire? not sure what sorts of predators you have but that chicken wire will only keep the chickens in, nothing out.
wink.png

there is a chain link fence with an automatic gate surrounding the property. there are two lazy male cats who only seem to be interested in back scratches and begging for treats.
other than that not many predatory birds are around and the Jumbo guineas next door keep most away also. only thing that I really need to do with the chickens is sell some of the roosters.we orders 5 roos for the whites and reds. we got 5 but only need two because there are 20 females so 10 for each rooster should be good enough to keep them from fighting often. and the runs are more than enough space for them to separate. we only have three LH males and 4 RiR males but I would like to keep the most promising roosters so I can carry on their genes in future chicks.

No Raccoons or anything like that? Weasels? Why does the T 1-11 look wavy? It looks like the seams are in and the centers are out? Did you use the real thin stuff?

Back
Top Bottom