building paradise for the birds

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by birdman55, Dec 4, 2014.

1. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

She's more of a really crafty hobbyist. No website but a huge variety of things she makes. I tried my hand at the egg dying but not really my thing. I do cut a mean snowflake tho.

2. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

1 person likes this.
  3. uzisuzuki

uzisuzuki Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2014
    Colorado

She does some brilliant work on those eggs, I bet she's pretty awesome at her other crafts, too! I wish I had some awesome crafting skill; that'd be nice to keep busy with. :)

4. attimus

@uzisuzuki she likes to stay busy but always manages to have time to come see the flock. I've tried to get her to join byc like birdmans family but to no avail.

1 person likes this.
  5. birdman55

birdman55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    its great when families do stuff together...plus you can see things when your in different states....so today I got the chickens finished worming and the ten peafowl...so one more week and the new birds are done with there worming...and can go in there pens they need to be in....so I might be getting eight more peafowl here are the contestants and hopefully ill get some winners...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got all the materials to make about three brooders...so that's another project I will be putting on here...now if I could just find my rotozip I can get to work on the second coolerbator....I shall return with some more pics....cause im basically back to working on the coops now tomorrow....so on with the pics...get this thread movin

6. attimus

That's some serious space. I really like the white and grey with the bright green neck third pic down.

7. birdman55

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    its official all eight birds are coming here...cant wait to see them...when they get here ill take pics and post them...soon I will be able to get to the coops and keep working...going to be getting the wood for the peafowl coops and getting some help to build them so hope they go up faster...I am pressed for time now

8. birdman55

Jul 22, 2014
    michigan
    My Coop
    here are some pics from today

peach golden getting a leg/feet bath
    [​IMG]
    male peach starting to get his adult colors
    [​IMG]
    frozen poo that needed to be removed on both birds
    [​IMG]
    getting the dip
    [​IMG]
    all the birds lined up...haha they thought it was feeding time
    [​IMG]
    there is hawk in the middle of the barred rock hens....doing great
    [​IMG]
    that's a line of chickens
    [​IMG]
    my male pit checking out the baby chicks

[​IMG]
    some baby chicks...quazi is the little one...(born with one eye and a scissors beak)
    [​IMG]
    some more baby pics....there getting big so fast
    [​IMG]
    there quazi is on the bottom right...that bird is the loudest...always pushing around the other birds...its so funny
    [​IMG]
    well big day today....gotta clear out the other greenhouse for there will be 7 new peafowl additions....and it is only going to be zero degrees out...so its nice and warm...see you guys in a bit...have a great day

1 person likes this.
  9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Wonderful thread and wonderful pics and info! [​IMG]

10. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

I agree sumi!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by