building paradise for the birds

Pics
yepper i sure will

well the order is placed....ahhhh now to just find some jumbos....want to get the whites/ or the cortinoix....not sure the spelling...well chicken eggs into the lockdown in the new hatcher...not sure i like it...no way to view them as they hatch...bummer....i like the coolerbator more i think....but i can do way more birds in these new units...also getting ready to set...50 to 100 chicken eggs....oh boy better slow down.....nahhhh....need to speed things up a bit....cleaned out the big pen.....for i think i will be housing the trio of peafowl in there for right now until the pens get built...going to get the rest of the wood for the brooders here soon...just got to get the next couple of days done..also looking for albino chuckars....found two people....but no cages built yet bummer....anyone sell jumbo quail or albino chuckars....?

My boy is still sick so I haven't been able to build anymore on my fence. But I did have a revelation today: if I build a nice big second coop, then I can use my current coop and run as a grow out pen. That way I don't have to spend any money on fencing, which is the most expensive part. I feel like such a genius.

My parents brought a shelving unit over just a minute ago and it's PERFECT for a multi-level brooder. I'm super excited about that. I already have hinges and locks from some coop/tractor deconstruction. So light fixtures and plexiglass and I should be set. I have enough waterer nipples to put two per level, and I'll have to get another small feeder. It's going to be so perfect. :D Then I can keep my breeds separate. I have 10 days left on my current hatch, plenty of time.

I'll take a picture in the morning.

Last edited:
My boy is still sick so I haven't been able to build anymore on my fence. But I did have a revelation today: if I build a nice big second coop, then I can use my current coop and run as a grow out pen. That way I don't have to spend any money on fencing, which is the most expensive part. I feel like such a genius.

My parents brought a shelving unit over just a minute ago and it's PERFECT for a multi-level brooder. I'm super excited about that. I already have hinges and locks from some coop/tractor deconstruction. So light fixtures and plexiglass and I should be set. I have enough waterer nipples to put two per level, and I'll have to get another small feeder. It's going to be so perfect.
big_smile.png
Then I can keep my breeds separate. I have 10 days left on my current hatch, plenty of time.

I'll take a picture in the morning.

sounds like a plan cant wait to see pics of the new coop...and the brooder idea....good idea....i have seen shelf brooders..but there not my pics so i cant post them...plywood on most of it would be cheaper and the front piece just put a small door with a 12 x 12 inch opening with chicken wire...make it like a top and bottom door so you can shut part of it to retain heat...not sure if you understand what i mean or not... and soon enough them eggs will be coming...hahaha....hope your ready...im getting between 15-20 eggs a day...so how ever many i can fit in the box..and they will be fresh that day picked...would you like just ee....or a mix ....

sounds like a plan cant wait to see pics of the new coop...and the brooder idea....good idea....i have seen shelf brooders..but there not my pics so i cant post them...plywood on most of it would be cheaper and the front piece just put a small door with a 12 x 12 inch opening with chicken wire...make it like a top and bottom door so you can shut part of it to retain heat...not sure if you understand what i mean or not... and soon enough them eggs will be coming...hahaha....hope your ready...im getting between 15-20 eggs a day...so how ever many i can fit in the box..and they will be fresh that day picked...would you like just ee....or a mix ....

Do you still have the polish? Getting eggs from them? I think that's what we talked about. I can't wait. :D

Do you still have the polish? Getting eggs from them? I think that's what we talked about. I can't wait.
big_smile.png

I have two sets of white crested black ones....but they are not here....

so the quote of the day by our founding father...

"I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character . . . like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy . . . the turkey is a much more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America."
Benjamin Franklin

I have two sets of white crested black ones....but they are not here....

so the quote of the day by our founding father...

"I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country; he is a bird of bad moral character . . . like those among men who live by sharping and robbing, he is generally poor, and often very lousy . . . the turkey is a much more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America."
Benjamin Franklin

Ooooooh, ok. In that case I'll be happy to have whatever you send me! It'll be a great surprise. :D

morning everyone...was up till 2am working on the website....still have so much more to go...wow....super tired but gotta keep moving along...well its snowing here today on this lovely sunday morning...well off to the work stuff i go...have a wonderful day

yepper i sure will well the order is placed....ahhhh now to just find some jumbos....want to get the whites/ or the cortinoix....not sure the spelling...well chicken eggs into the lockdown in the new hatcher...not sure i like it...no way to view them as they hatch...bummer....i like the coolerbator more i think....but i can do way more birds in these new units...also getting ready to set...50 to 100 chicken eggs....oh boy better slow down.....nahhhh....need to speed things up a bit....cleaned out the big pen.....for i think i will be housing the trio of peafowl in there for right now until the pens get built...going to get the rest of the wood for the brooders here soon...just got to get the next couple of days done..also looking for albino chuckars....found two people....but no cages built yet bummer....anyone sell jumbo quail or albino chuckars....?
I will have quail soon hopefully. Hope to set some hatching eggs for easter :)
morning everyone...was up till 2am working on the website....still have so much more to go...wow....super tired but gotta keep moving along...well its snowing here today on this lovely sunday morning...well off to the work stuff i go...have a wonderful day
I love making websites. Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom