Building the coop!

Shmemums

Songster
Apr 19, 2022
Visalia, CA
We're building our prefab coop and I really want to be finished tonight. The chicks are almost 9 weeks old and their poo is starting to get so stinky in the house we do a full brooder clean every other day but that's not enough any more! Anyway, I'm super envious of all the cool coops people actually design and build themselves but the husband and I don't have the time or talent to do that so prefab it is. Did I mention I got a sunburn now? Build through the pain and the chickens can go out tonight! Can I just put them on the roost bars if we get finished after dark??
20220522_172100.jpg

Nope. The nest area isn't done nor the door and its wide open so no chickies out in the coop tonight. And I haven't quite figured out how to get the mister system to work how I want it so bleh
20220522_223009.jpg

Nope. The nest area isn't done nor the door and its wide open so no chickies out in the coop tonight. And I haven't quite figured out how to get the mister system to work how I want it so bleh
Well looks like you got a lot done today (and I know these Roost and Root coops take longer to put together than you'd think) so hopefully it'll get done really soon, and you can finally get those chicks out!

Well looks like you got a lot done today (and I know these Roost and Root coops take longer to put together than you'd think) so hopefully it'll get done really soon, and you can finally get those chicks out!
Yeah it says 2 people and 12 hours... no. No way. And now, since I'm sunburned and it hurts, I can't work on it until around 5 or 6pm and there's a modicum of shade. I don't know if I will finish it tonight :idunno

Back
Top Bottom