Bulge between legs and vent

Quote:
Wow I didnt realize how old this was Haha. The poor hen already passed away.

I would read what i just said because i feel it is important for you too. Good Luck Jeannie!

My chicken got the lump. From what I understand is that it's a yeast infection for chickens. Use probiotic in their food and water, apple cider vinegar in water. I still had to drain the lump. I let chicken soak in warm water, to soften the skin and poked with a needle 2x to drain it. Let it sit for about 30-45 minutes. I do that once a day. It's now about half the size it was and its not getting bigger anymore. I started yesterday7/28/16. Unfortunately, I heard this is something that can re-occur. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Hello-This is just what I've been looking for as I have just noticed today that my (approx. 2 week old) chick has this very same problem. She's eating/drinking great and running around just fine. It's not slowing her down any but am concerned it could be something serious. Has anyone else noticed it on such a young chick? Can't be egg binding with one so young. Would like good advice/treatment and outcome please. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom