Bulge under vent

If you have a wire dog crate (med-large) and can put in some water and a bit of feed, she could be among the others without getting pecked. I also would do supervised free ranging as often as you can. A daily soak, just to her vent, can really help in healing.

You see her picking at herself?

Right now, in the photos you posted, I don't see anything that looks like a feather cyst.
Yeah she is the main culprit, the others have been leaving her alone. There’s no mites or lice that are visible. I’ve been soaking, cleaning and ointment (TAO and Mushers Secret) around the clock. She laid a hard egg yesterday morning, but a soft one while she was on the roosting bar getting ready for bed. She had two scabs that have fallen off completely healed. It’s looking better, but still a little bulge there. Eating, drinking fine, otherwise completely normal.

Attachments

• DF64262D-2DD0-4CB1-945B-C5F9B5A9DA67.jpeg
    DF64262D-2DD0-4CB1-945B-C5F9B5A9DA67.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 1
If you have a wire dog crate (med-large) and can put in some water and a bit of feed, she could be among the others without getting pecked. I also would do supervised free ranging as often as you can. A daily soak, just to her vent, can really help in healing.
I’ve been off for the last few days so I’ve been outside all day and night with them. Monday and Tuesday my husbands off and will be outside with them. And since Thursday there’s been really no bullying, thank god. We have another smaller coop next to the bigger one we have been putting her in if we run errands, and small portable run if needed. She is doing well, just still the mystery bulge!

I’ve been off for the last few days so I’ve been outside all day and night with them. Monday and Tuesday my husbands off and will be outside with them. And since Thursday there’s been really no bullying, thank god. We have another smaller coop next to the bigger one we have been putting her in if we run errands, and small portable run if needed. She is doing well, just still the mystery bulge!
I’m glad she’s doing well! How odd, that is really interesting.

If she were mine, I would be putting calendula oil if salve on the builder as well daily. Cake is anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, and good for skin conditions. I might also try bone broth for collagen. Collagen is the compound in your skin that honds it together and tight, maybe added collagen will help this bulge. If you buy the bone broth, make sure it’s pure with no onions or alliums. If your making it, soak the bones in vinegar for 24 hours first to draw all the nutrients out of them. Then add the vinegar to the broth.

Back
Top Bottom