Bullet Journal Questions-----a bird owner's bullet journal???

Bird_Lover_17

Birds are life
Apr 9, 2020
USA
Hi! So I LOVE taking notes on books regarding birds (I just finished What it's like to be a bird by David Allen Sibely and I started The bird watching answer book by Laura Erickson ps. I'll take notes on owning bird books). Anyways, I have seen Equestrian Bullet Journal Ideas and I was wondering if anyone kept like a bird related bullet journal or just a general bullet journal.

I've tried the whole "track your mood" pages and it doesn't work for me since I don't have the time to update it daily. I thought a bird bullet journal would be perfect since I need to update it, but I don't need to update it daily.

Anyways, I need to :duc

My Questions:
-What are some good pens for bullet journaling?
-Any tips for making the bullet journal aesthetic?
-Do I need a bullet journal or can I use a lined journal, a graphing journal or a drawing journal?
-I am bad at drawing the same thing the same way- so are stamps the right way to go?
-Good color combos?
-Any tips are excepted and appreciated!!!

Thanks! :)

Go to an arts and crafts store like Michaels, and browse through their art things. You’ll find pens, pencils, and markers with various color inks and textures too.
And look at all the various styles of journals.
If you choose unlined pages you have more creative freedom. You can draw, write sideways, whatever.
It’s a good idea. Good luck and have fun.

Go to an arts and crafts store like Michaels, and browse through their art things. You’ll find pens, pencils, and markers with various color inks and textures too.
And look at all the various styles of journals.
If you choose unlined pages you have more creative freedom. You can draw, write sideways, whatever.
It’s a good idea. Good luck and have fun.
I say that this is good advice.
If you want to color stuff in, you'll want to draw whatever you want with a pencil, then ink it in and color it. If your work doesn't look totally consistent, then that makes it more original.

A good pen for bullet journaling (or anything for that matter) is a Pigma Micron ink pen (look it up), which you can get in many colors and sizes. I use it to ink in my artwork and it works amazing.

If you're looking for good color combos, look at the colors of your (insert art supply here). Whichever ones look good together, use them.

If you use markers, you might want to have a scrap piece of paper to test the colors out on. If you think you have a grey, you color something in, and the grey actually is a greyish green, which doesn't make the grey quail you were drawing look very good.

I'm definitly going to get the recommended pens! I got these Papermate Flair Pens would they work for bullet journaling or no? It's fine if it's a no I'm just curious.
IMG_9579.JPG

I'm definitly going to get the recommended pens! I got these Papermate Flair Pens would they work for bullet journaling or no? It's fine if it's a no I'm just curious. View attachment 2367021
Ooh, those are the best! They're great for writing, but I wouldn't suggest you use them to color anything in, unless you're crosshatching or something like that.

Another question- do I need a bullet journal or can I use a lined journal like the image below:

Attachments

• IMG_9581.JPG
    IMG_9581.JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 14
I started my (unusual) version of a bullet journal, here's the opening page (I blanked out my name)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 1.21.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 1.21.49 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Back
Top Bottom