Bumble foot? Help!

What do you think about Blu-Kote? I have it on hand and it says:
  • For the effective treatment of fungus, infections, ringworm, surface wounds, cuts, galls, hoof-foot and pad sores, chafes, abrasions, moist or scabby lesions, itchy fungus eczema and sores.
  • Blu-Kote is a germicidal, fungicidal wound dressing and healing aid effective against both bacterial and fungus infections most common in skin lesions of domestic animals.
  • Kills ringworm and fungus infections.
  • Dries up blisters and pox-like scabby sores or lesions

My poor Jane is suffering with a bad case of Bumble Foot right now...I did the surgery but I didn't wrap it (dumb me) so I'm thinking I will soak her again today in the epsom salt water, and then spray the Blu-Kote and then wrap her....

That is all I had and it worked.. sprayed it on the foot.. applied gauze, then vet wrap and soaked in Epsom salt every day until the wound was healed.. I had a BAD case of Bumblefoot.. adopted her that way.. Previous owner was clueless. She is healed, and is doing well.. don't be afraid of going after that infection... She will thank you for it..

Thanks for the info here. We live in s very wet climate. This summer was super hot so the ground dried out and was like concrete. I have 3 chicken with bumble foot. One was bad so I grabbed the tweezers and took the kernel out. The other two healed on their own so maybe it wasn't bumble foot. The feet did swell up but I didn't see a scab.
Anyway thanks for this thread the info is super helpful if needed in the future.

I am grateful to find this thread. As of this afternoon, I feel like one of my girls may have bumble foot. I wish I knew how to post a photo to have someone with more experience confirm because this will be my first time encounting it. She isn't her usual chipper self, never runs now, lags behind the others and sits whenever she can. (she is less than a year old, so it isn't her age). She was walking gingerly so the first thing I did was make sure she wasn't egg bound, and she isn't. I flipped her over and there is a brown bump on the bottom of each foot. I checked the feet of four others to be sure this wasn't on anyone else's and it wasn't. This whole prospect is scary to me, but I am fortunate to have a husband who is a surgical tech and doesn't get upset by this kind of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom