bumble foot or.....

Naniperson

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
So my I found one of my girls upside down between the co-op and the fence. She was there at least all morning and maybe through the night. When I got to her, her leg was frozen. I brought her in and kept her in a quiet, warm, place that limited her movement. Today she seems ok. She can stand on her leg/foot and s she pulls her leg back when you examine it so I know her hip is ok. She just can't walk. Now she has bubble blisters between her toes and her leg is really red where she scraped it from being pinned. Everything I read about bumblefoot says there is a black spot. There are no black spots. Plus with her being pinned and having a frozen leg, I don't know if it's bumblefoot or caused by being pinned.

It's not bumblefoot yet. Bumblefoot is when their is an open injury on the foot and it gets infected. The pocket of infection is called a 'bumble.'
She might have frostbite blisters.

We drained it. It seems to be an infection starting at her knee (I guess. Heard someone call it a hock before). We drained it all, packed it with neosporin and wrapped it up. She is perky now but doesn't like the bandages and won't walk o n that foot now. She is probably going to need antibiotics. Going to the farm store tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom