Bumble foot, surgery or wait

lv9777

Songster
Aug 29, 2021
Michigan
I have a RIR with bumble foot. She is acting fine and not even limping, but I'm sure it's bumble foot. Its swollen with a black scab. However, I will be gone for the weekend (two nights). Is it ok to wait another few days to do surgery? I am afraid to leave her with an open wound (She is an expert at getting bandages off). Any advice??

Do you have a picture? It’s probably okay to wait. You might not need to do surgery either, sometimes you can soak the scab off and the plug comes with it (or you can remove with tweezers) and then just pack and wrap the wound.

She had a scab on both feet. This one I was able to soak off and treat and it looks great. The other one I cant get off and it looks the same as this pic only a little swollen. I will soak her again tomorrow and then I think leave her be until I get back Monday since she appears fine yet.
How long does this infection take to get bad. Will a few days be deadly? I can cancel my trip, but it will cause some marital conflict.

Attachments

• bumble.JPG
    bumble.JPG
    496.2 KB · Views: 26
I don’t think a couple of days is going to be a problem. That scab looks big but it’s not as swollen or red as some I’ve seen. If the wound and the foot is hot and red and the redness moving up the foot to the leg, that’s when it’s getting really bad.

I don’t think a couple of days is going to be a problem. That scab looks big but it’s not as swollen or red as some I’ve seen. If the wound and the foot is hot and red and the redness moving up the foot to the leg, that’s when it’s getting really bad.
Do you think its really bad? Its my Roo's , Tiger 's foot.
IMG_20231110_120124.jpg

Back
Top Bottom