Bumble foot

Ok it got way worse... he lost his toes:he:he
In the photo you posted on January 25, the toes were even darker than the other skin, and they did look like typical frostbitten toes. But you called your patient a chick. Was frostbite even possible? I.e. was the chick still on supplemental heat, possibly exposed to freezing weather, etc?

What should I do?
When did he lose his toes? Do you have a current picture?

That doesn't look like bumblefoot to me. It looks like frostbite.
I was just going to say this... That's definitely frostbite, and that chick is definitely too young to have been outside in winter. Especially with no bedding... Do you have other chicks outside? They should be in a secure, draft free building with a heat lamp and lots of clean bedding. If this chick was broody raised, the mama and babies should have all been moved indoors (or at least into a garage until it's warmer out)

Call a Toe Truck?

Seriously though, you need to get that infection stopped before it gets into his system too bad and kills him. Can you take a picture so we can see what currently is going on?

What have you been doing to try to fix this, and what kind of flooring is he standing on, dirt, wood planks, shavings what?

Aaron
He is in a play pin
I've been using an antibiotic called Corona
Currently I can't take a picture cus I'm not at home but when I clean his foot I will

I was just going to say this... That's definitely frostbite, and that chick is definitely too young to have been outside in winter. Especially with no bedding... Do you have other chicks outside? They should be in a secure, draft free building with a heat lamp and lots of clean bedding. If this chick was broody raised, the mama and babies should have all been moved indoors (or at least into a garage until it's warmer out)
He was inside with heat lamp

Back
Top Bottom