BUMBLEFOOT BUT NO PLUG TO BE SEEN!

Not necessarily, no. I’m not saying that. I don’t think OP said anything about the rest of the flock or symptoms until after I asked you the question. I haven’t read extensively about MS; I simply said it looks like photos I’ve seen.

I don’t have a stake in this and I’m not interested in arguing about it… just trying to learn when I have a little time to pop onto the emergency forums.
When has it become that asking a question is considered arguing?

When has it become that asking a question is considered arguing?
Why are you doing this with me, Melody? I did not say it was arguing; I said I was not interested in doing so. It’s semantics at this point. I have always considered you a friend on BYC. I don’t really understand what’s going on here.

Edited to add: @Wyorp Rock I think there is a misunderstanding here and apologize if I have offended you.

Last edited:
Thanks for finding the links. So even after you read the clinical findings/symptoms in those links and the OP's comments about symptoms in their own bird(s) you would still consider the OP's bird to have MS?

I don’t have a stake in this and I’m not interested in arguing about it… just trying to learn when I have a little time to pop onto the emergency forums.

Why are you doing this with me, Melody? I did not say it was arguing; I said I was not interested in doing so. It’s semantics at this point. I have always considered you a friend on BYC. I don’t really understand what’s going on here.

Edited to add: @Wyorp Rock I think there is a misunderstanding here and apologize if I have offended you.
I'm not sure what is going on here Michelle. I can't ask a question? You asked me a question, I answered and posed my own in return.
You are wanting to learn, so I asked a question so maybe you could learn something. You provided 6 links about MS. The links are good with photos, description and photos.

I had assumed you had read the content of the links you posted and was familiar with them, so I was asking you IF after reading the signs/symptoms of MS AND those provided by the OP would you still consider MS to be the problem. You are a biologist/scientist, so I figured it would be a good way for you to look at all the info and come to a conclusion on your own whether MS fits or not. Thought it was a good way for you to learn something instead of someone else telling you.

That's all. That's it. To come back and say you aren't interesting in arguing and that you don't have a stake in this is to imply that I DO (?) Nope. Your mistaken. Sorry if I offended you somehow Michelle, but no, I'm not going down this road at all.

That’s fine, Melody. I already apologized. I was never trying to diagnose OP’s chicken; I was sharing information, nothing more, nothing less. Clearly the information says that MS often has subclinical, if any, respiratory symptoms, and might not be discovered until the joints swell. OP felt it was not MS, and I was not suggesting it was. I was trying to learn from you, since you seemed so sure it wasn’t MS. Unfortunately, you erroneously perceived my quest for knowledge as a personal dispute. I still don’t understand why you are perceiving my answer to your question as a challenge, but that doesn’t matter. You still seem pretty worked up about this. I’m not. I wish you a pleasant day.

That’s fine, Melody. I already apologized. I was never trying to diagnose OP’s chicken; I was sharing information, nothing more, nothing less. Clearly the information says that MS often has subclinical, if any, respiratory symptoms, and might not be discovered until the joints swell. OP felt it was not MS, and I was not suggesting it was. I was trying to learn from you, since you seemed so sure it wasn’t MS. Unfortunately, you erroneously perceived my quest for knowledge as a personal dispute. I still don’t understand why you are perceiving my answer to your question as a challenge, but that doesn’t matter. You still seem pretty worked up about this. I’m not. I wish you a pleasant day.
No worries Michelle. I wish you well.

Please please offer any advice you can, one of our chickens has a really bad swollen foot and it has almost all the signs of bumble foot. There is no plug on the bottom, we've been soaking it in epson salts and spraying colloidal silver and it seemed to be getting slightly but we tried to do essential oils (tea tree) and a day or two after it got way worse. She was limping and now she can barely stand. HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN BUMBLEFOOT WITHOUT PLUG?
Did you solve this? I have a girl that had a large swelling between her toes on the top of her foot. At first, she had a scab, but not the classical bumblefoot one that is usually seen on the bottom of the foot. I treated it as such, and no plug or pus came out. I gave up and bandaged her foot. When I took off the bandage, the new scab had bonded to the telfa pad, so I peeled it off, it bled, I rebandaged. That was last month. The scab fell off a few days ago, and the lump was still there, so I did an intensive hunt and surgery day for everyone (11 girls). After soaking her foot, I used a razor blade to CUT it open, as seen on one of the videos here. Yes, there was blood. I kept dabbing and squeezing. Saw a tiny speck of pus white. I eventually cut and squeezed it more, and then I saw more. It was quite a big one. She did well, except I can see that she tries not to put pressure on that foot. Poor girl, but it is so satisfying to finally get that plug out. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom