Bumblefoot healing

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020
So my little girl, Blue, had bumble. We got the core out. It healed up. Let her back outside in the pen. Few days later she was limping and her foot swollen. Thought Bumble had come back again. Few days of soaks got another, not core, but large glob of pus out. Been good since. Looked like it was healing fine this time

Last night it looked a little weird. This look normal for bumble healing?

It had a scab and the skin around it was pure white. . Peeled it off after an Epsom soak thinking it may be bumble again. But it’s just soft tissue under it. It’s puffy but not hard. A little blood came out but that was it. Put first aid cream on it and wrapped it.

Previous bumble episodes I have dealt with healed up with a scab but the white around it was new to me so just want to make sure we are on the right track

The heel and toe are a bit red from my poking and prodding. It was normal orangish before we started pulling off the scab

Attachments

• E0F69AA2-C4B2-4846-A5FF-CFCE47EAA80D.jpeg
    E0F69AA2-C4B2-4846-A5FF-CFCE47EAA80D.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
This is her foot tonight
The scab seems more like a regular scab and not bumble. And the swelling is down. Should I see if the scab comes off on its own/swelling comes down? Or give it a few epsom soaks and peel the scab off and see if it’s infected again? We have been wrapping with first aid cream
3DCC9183-B24C-49D4-8593-36D0D790C9F1.jpeg
5662BCDC-29C0-485D-8FF6-C951F21153A8.jpeg

I'm no expert by any means but epsom salt soaks and wrapping is what I would do :)
That’s what we did. We got the infected core out and cottage cheese like pus. It’s been healing nice and the swelling coming down.

I’ve treated bumble before but this has been persistent for her. Got it healed, got her back outside and within a few days it was back. Got a second infection out, and it’s healing but now not sure if that scab is another reoccurrence, or just the wound healing. Will give her a soak in the morning and afternoon and see if the scab comes off and see what’s underneath

Back
Top Bottom