Hey yall so here's an update. So I've been giving Munchkin baytril for two weeks and she doesnt seem to be better....her foot is kinda the same as it has been for days.... Its definitely different from when I showed you last but the same for us.. except for these little bubble/peely like yellow things on the top of her foot. She is wrapped and I started doing an iodine sugar paste pack that was recommended to me that I know has saved an infected horse hoof that was beyond saving as far as I know. Its looking still bad and she is still shaking and looks just sick. Like she needs a bath so bad but shes freezing and whenever I open the coop she shivers SO much more. We made a mini coop for them this weekend since we could no longer use the horse trailer. Not sure what I should do.... I have tried to pull out some more infection crap as much as possible, i did not have time to try again tonight. I have been soaking her once a day and shes wrapped all the time. When its warm i give her turnout with her mate in a small pen. I have no clue what else to do....do I look at having a vet out? Or do I ask the vet I used before even though he doesnt know a ton about birds? I showed him a pick of her foot when I went to go get more meds and he was concerned and told me to call back if its not better. I'm at a loss and really want to help this poor baby. I mean do we look at cutting the whole thing off? Or do I put her out of her misery and put her down? (TRUST ME that is the actual LAST thing I want to do....it'll hit hard to loose her) but I dont want her to suffer...ya know? Here are some pics I managed to get over the last weeks. he one that is wet and yellowish white stuff that is in it was taken tonight...I really dont like the look of it...Help!
1635906643399.png
1635906667784.png

Hey yall so here's an update. So I've been giving Munchkin baytril for two weeks and she doesnt seem to be better....her foot is kinda the same as it has been for days.... Its definitely different from when I showed you last but the same for us.. except for these little bubble/peely like yellow things on the top of her foot. She is wrapped and I started doing an iodine sugar paste pack that was recommended to me that I know has saved an infected horse hoof that was beyond saving as far as I know. Its looking still bad and she is still shaking and looks just sick. Like she needs a bath so bad but shes freezing and whenever I open the coop she shivers SO much more. We made a mini coop for them this weekend since we could no longer use the horse trailer. Not sure what I should do.... I have tried to pull out some more infection crap as much as possible, i did not have time to try again tonight. I have been soaking her once a day and shes wrapped all the time. When its warm i give her turnout with her mate in a small pen. I have no clue what else to do....do I look at having a vet out? Or do I ask the vet I used before even though he doesnt know a ton about birds? I showed him a pick of her foot when I went to go get more meds and he was concerned and told me to call back if its not better. I'm at a loss and really want to help this poor baby. I mean do we look at cutting the whole thing off? Or do I put her out of her misery and put her down? (TRUST ME that is the actual LAST thing I want to do....it'll hit hard to loose her) but I dont want her to suffer...ya know? Here are some pics I managed to get over the last weeks. he one that is wet and yellowish white stuff that is in it was taken tonight...I really dont like the look of it...Help!
View attachment 2886506View attachment 2886507
There is not a lot more that you can do. I would recommend taking her to an avian vet if you can. The shivering does not sound good. You can always go back to your original vet, but it looked like it got worse after the vet's treatment.

With bumblefoot that severe, it is going to take time. I have been treating a semi minor bumblefoot in my pekin for about 2 months now. She is looking like she will be healed soon.. by soon, a week or two more.

Bumblefoot can get too severe that euthanasia ends up being the only option. If the shivering is due to the bumblefoot, it could mean it has gone systemic. You may still have a chance to save her, but it is really hard to say. An avian vet would know best.

Back
Top Bottom