Bumblefoot or something else?!

Duke15

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2020
Hi all,

We’re fairly new to chicken keeping (about a year in), and have noticed a slight redness on our cream legbars right foot at the top/between the toes, and I’m wondering if it’s bumblefoot?

We’ve cleaned her feet in Epsom salts and I’ve put some purple spray on it as it’s the only antiseptic thing we had in, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
A8268916-92A2-49BA-A8D1-3176A4082F90.jpeg

What does the bottom look like?
The bottom looks absolutely fine & clear. No cuts/nicks/swelling or anything like that. I noticed it a little early but couldnt catch her, and doesn’t look as obvious when she was stood in the sink, but more obvious when he feet were clenched.

Huh. Does she act like she's in pain? Is it swollen? I wonder if she just got a superficial wound from scratching around.

Her legs look very healthy, btw. I love yellow legs on chickens. Is she laying yet?

The bottom looks absolutely fine & clear. No cuts/nicks/swelling or anything like that. I noticed it a little early but couldnt catch her, and doesn’t look as obvious when she was stood in the sink, but more obvious when he feet were clenched.
Oh, duh. You said no swelling. Sorry. I missed that somehow.

Huh. Does she act like she's in pain? Is it swollen? I wonder if she just got a superficial wound from scratching around.

Her legs look very healthy, btw. I love yellow legs on chickens. Is she laying yet?
She’s not acting like she’s in any pain at all, in fact she’s run/flapped/jump her way over to us at several points today expecting to get treats!
She has been out free ranging a lot more this past week and a half as we’re back in lockdown so could well have caught herself on something.
She started laying about 2 months ago and gives the most beautiful blue eggs!

She’s not acting like she’s in any pain at all, in fact she’s run/flapped/jump her way over to us at several points today expecting to get treats!
She has been out free ranging a lot more this past week and a half as we’re back in lockdown so could well have caught herself on something.
She started laying about 2 months ago and gives the most beautiful blue eggs!
Then she's probably fine! I'd just keep an eye on it. I can't think of anything that would cause a discoloration like that. But I'll do some more research...

My Welsummer had gorgeous bright yellow legs. They faded when she started laying. She is molting and not laying, and they are bright yellow again.

Then she's probably fine! I'd just keep an eye on it. I can't think of anything that would cause a discoloration like that. But I'll do some more research...

My Welsummer had gorgeous bright yellow legs. They faded when she started laying. She is molting and not laying, and they are bright yellow again.
We’ll keep an eye on it and will continue to bathe and spray with antiseptic and hopefully it will correct itself 🤞
Now I think of it she’s the only one of our girls with yellow legs! Hopefully they’ll stay as she’s a very impressive looking hen (although I’m sure I’m biased!).

We’ll keep an eye on it and will continue to bathe and spray with antiseptic and hopefully it will correct itself 🤞
Now I think of it she’s the only one of our girls with yellow legs! Hopefully they’ll stay as she’s a very impressive looking hen (although I’m sure I’m biased!).
I'm sure she is gorgeous, with gams like those!
:gig

Back
Top Bottom